Saturday, February 28, 2015

Completed

Once this is posted, I will have blogged 28 days straight.  I will have made it the entire month of February.  I am super stoked and relieved. 
 
There were times that I had to force myself to write.  February was a crazy month for me.  Probably not much different than any other, if I’m honest but it felt insane.

I dealt with allergies/illness, other health concerns (my own and family), tons of extra stress with work and personal issues, my 14th wedding anniversary, I was on call 5 times with one call out, board meeting, birthday parties, worked out 6 days a week almost every week, found some time to run, completed the instagram challenge #poseswithroses, worked full time, and so much more. 

I made this list to prove we are all busy.  Each one of us has a list like this, some are probably longer.  You know what this proves to me though?  If you make something a priority you make the time for it.  There were days I didn’t get to write until after midnight so it wasn’t officially daily but I count it based on sleep.  If I hadn’t slept then the day wasn’t over.  There were times I was falling asleep while typing but I still did it.  I made a commitment to myself and I knew I had to follow through.  I had to prove to myself I could do it even when I was the only person counting on it. 

I think my writing improved as the month progressed.  I went through and read my last few entries again last night.  I had not done much proofing of them and I was pleasantly surprised.  I didn’t read all of them but my feeling is that when I stopped over-thinking is when they got better.  I just started putting my thoughts down.  This is a journal for me – a way to track my life. 
 
Will I continue to write every day?  I’m not sure yet.  There are some days that it truly is difficult to sit down and write.  However, I have gained so much and I want to retain it.  Finding the right balance is important, as always.  A month ago I really wanted to write but couldn’t get it out.  I finally broke through that and NEED to continue moving forward.  I love exploring this side of my creativity and sharing it with others.  I love the format of a blog as it can be whatever I make it.

 
Until Next Time

P.S.  This is blog post #102.  Holy shizzle!       

No comments:

Post a Comment