Saturday, February 14, 2015

Celebrate

It’s Valentine’s Day – the day to celebrate love.  It doesn’t have to be about that special romantic love.  It can be a day to remember to tell all those you love how much they mean to you.  We should do this all the time but sometimes life gets hectic and we can forget.  It is nice when the calendar throws little reminders to us.  

Speaking of those we care about, yesterday was my friend’s birthday and we celebrated by going to a burlesque show followed by dinner and dancing.  It was amazing.  The burlesque show was put on by a small local theater and another friend of mine was a performer.  It is only a two night show and opening night sold out.  We were a little worried we weren’t going to get seats but they added some chairs and we all made it in.   The show was quirky and sexy and I was impressed by how well they actors performed.  If you are local you should plan to check it out next year.  I believe it is annual event.  
 
The Birthday Girl and our favorite star


Dinner and dancing was a lot of fun too.  I am not really much of a dancer but I went out there and flung my arms around a little and did my imitations of old silly dances.  People may have laughed but no one complained so I call it a good night. 
This morning I woke up remembering that I’m not as young as I once was.  After some coffee and food I was able to hit the gym.  The time is not important.  When I got home, I may or may not have napped with my dogs too.


Now I have the rest of the weekend to snuggle the remote, relax, recover and write.

Until Tomorrow   

P.S. My Valentine’s Gift to myself is fresh, clean sheets on my bed.  Not many things better than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment