Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Wedding Anniversary

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary. 

Let me repeat that.  Today is my 14th wedding anniversary.  That is crazy to me.  It has been a bumpy ride with lots of peaks and valleys.  I feel like I should have great advice to give on what makes a marriage work.  I don’t.   I can say, marriage is not always easy.  It takes work just like any relationship.  Sometimes it takes a lot.  Each person needs to strive to give 100%.  That saying marriage is 50/50 is bullshit.  Divorce is 50/50 (or something like that).  But since it is not possible to give 100% all the time you have to adapt.  When one person is not able to do their part the other has to pick up the slack.
Most of us know love, respect, communication and FUN are all important too.  Without them we cannot build a strong foundation.        

I have more to say but it will have to wait for another day.  It is time to go enjoy my anniversary dinner.
Sorry today is so short but I'm sure you understand and will hopefully cut me some slack ;)


Until tomorrow

P.S.  I have made it 10 days straight blogging!  My son informed me tonight that if I do this every day for a year then I will have written a book.  I think he’s over confident but I love how his mind works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment