Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tonight

Another night of being over tired.  I don't know if it's stress, this bug my body has been trying to keep at bay or what but I'm exhausted.  It's probably all of the above.  Tonight’s post is going to be brief.  I thought about skipping it for about .1 second then reminded myself I've made this commitment for me.  Quitting now would not help me toward my ultimate goal.  So here we go.

Tonight was my first night back at the Lab (what we call my gym).

SPOILER ALERT: It wasn’t fabulous.
I was excited to see my fellow FitWits (yes we have a pet name for ourselves) but was surprised with leg day.  I struggled through it and completed about half.  I found myself frustrated because I wasn’t on my A-game.  I had to lower the weight I was squatting and couldn’t get my normal number of reps.  I had to remind myself that I haven’t been feeling well.  I also didn’t eat enough today.  I KNOW!  That is a big no no.  I absolutely love food but recently I’ve been struggling to get enough calories consumed.  I don’t really count calories but I know I’m not getting enough.  I can feel it especially in my workouts.  I am trying to switch up my eating habits a bit and I’m struggling to find balance.  It’ll happen and after today’s workout I am more motivated than ever.

WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING RIGHT: Water consumption.  I think I should invest in stock in toilet paper.  I’m probably going to need the money to pay for new carpet at work from that path I’ve worn to and from the bathroom and the water cooler. I’ve also been drinking more hot tea and less coffee.  I believe flushing my system like this has helped me fight off this bug faster.  As soon as you finish reading this you should go chug down at least 8 oz of water.  Go ahead, it’s good for you.

3...2...1... GO!

Until Tomorrow
 

4 comments:

  1. Right with you on the path to the bathroom. I keep water at my desk at all times when I've gotten into the habit of snacking too much at work, even good snacks, I'll try and drink more just to make me full but the downside is all the trips to the ladies room. Good thing my co-workers know I'm chugging water all day and well it's gotta come out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chugged 8 oz! Thanks I needed some water! I think it is funny what you said about toilet paper and the carpet in your office. You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chugged 8 oz! Thanks I needed some water! I think it is funny what you said about toilet paper and the carpet in your office. You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete