Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Success

There is so much success available out there.  I don’t believe you have to step on others to make it.  How do people find the time to focus on other people’s struggles and still find time to make themselves successful?  It seems that it would be counterproductive.  Yet people do it all the time.  I don’t think I would want success if it came at the cost of using other’s struggles.  I find it weak and disgusting.  Perhaps I am naïve.   

I would rather bust my butt, make connections and climb my way to the top.  I do believe it is a who-you-know world.  With a little help you can get farther faster.  I don’t think it is the only way but I do believe it helps.  Personally, I am not good at calling in favors or dealing with politics.  I don’t do things with expectation and I have a difficult time asking for help.  However, I have done it when I’ve really needed to.   It is a dance and takes finesse.  That finesse is developed over time and with practice.
My biggest issue with this game is I get awkward about it.  When I am nervous I make things awkward. I tend to say and do weird things.  I either get really quiet or say off the wall things.  It is like my nerves give me a mild case of tourettes.  After time I can look back and laugh at it but immediately after, it is a face palm moment.   Hopefully, I eventually learn to control it or accept it.

 
Until Tomorrow

P.S. Tonight starts a new season of Survivor.  I love watching it for the challenges.  They look like so much fun.   It is also the start of the new season of the Amazing Race.  That show stresses me out.  It is like a train wreck.  I can’t stop staring.   

No comments:

Post a Comment