Friday, February 20, 2015

One Year Later

Today is going to be quick and to the point.

Appreciate your friendships and nurture them.  We are not here for long and the memories we create with those we love and care about are one of the most important legacies we can leave.  It is what we have to hold on to when we lose those we love. 
Tonight I am going to celebrate the birthday of a great friend.  Her birthday last year was a huge stepping stone in my journey.  I went to her party where I didn’t really know anyone and stepped so far out of my comfort zone I’m still a little surprised I did it.  I also had a BLAST. 

It was only the second time I had met her and that night created a huge change in me.  I learned that spreading my wings leads to great things and I made a life-long friend.  Reflecting over the last year truly shows me just how far I have come.  Tonight I will celebrate her and how far I have come.

Until Tomorrow

P.S.  I am too old to attend adult birthday parties two weekends in a row.   

No comments:

Post a Comment