Saturday, February 7, 2015

Support

It is fitting that I pulled 1000 lbs of weight yesterday.  It’s kind of representative of my life.  It was difficult and I was slow but I was able to conquer it.  I recently wrote that I feel like I have weights on my chest trying to hold me down and each time I get stronger and am about to throw them off someone comes along and adds more.   This doesn’t break me it just makes me stronger but sometimes I wish things could just be easy. 

I see this with so many people.  Many are going through hard times right now.  They feel like just as they start to stand up something comes along and knocks them down.  It saddens me to see all the pain, confusion and lost souls.  I wish I could help each of them but most are on a journey of healing that has to start from the inside.  My hope is that they know I am behind them cheering them on and ready to catch them if they start to fall.  I’m here to support them in every way I can.  I believe in each of them and I know they will successfully conquer their trials.  I try to remind them of how amazing and strong they are and how they’ll get through these difficult times.  Sometimes it falls on deaf ears but I keep repeating it because eventually it will sink in. 

Often people think their problem isn’t as bad as someone else’s so they shouldn’t feel how they do.  That’s ridiculous to me.  Comparison gets you nowhere whether with struggles or successes.  All it does is breed guilt, insecurity and more comparison.   

I’ll end with this poem I stumbled across the other day

At times when I am feeling low,
I hear from a friend and then
My worries start to go away
And I am on the mend

In spite of all that doctors know,
And their studies never end
The best cure of all when spirits fall
Is a kind note from a friend

-John Wooden    

My request of you today is to remind someone they do not have to face life alone.   

Until Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment