Sunday, February 1, 2015

Commitment

It’s Feb 1, 2015 and I have announced to the world that I will write every day this month.  The world being all of those that follow me on various social media sites.  A few days ago I announced it to Twitter.  I only did that because I was afraid if I didn’t spill it then I’d never follow through.  Accountability is important.  Today I announced it in multiple places.  Then I proceeded to spend an abundant amount of time posting, liking and wasting hours NOT writing.  I don’t know why I get in my own way so much. 

So anyway, here I am. I have created a lovely folder called Feb 2015 blogs.  I will proceed to fill it with helpful information on my life, world views, and whatever happens to pop into my mind at any given time.  I’m sure I’ll form lots of entries to share with all of you.

For awhile I’ve thought my blog should have a direction.  I see lots of blogs that are food, motivation, child loss, fitness and many other things.  There’s a theme.  I’ve considered what I could write about daily that would relate and I don’t think I can do it.  I just need to go with whatever is on my mind that day.  Prepare yourself for this roller coaster. 
When deciding I was going to spend a month writing every day I was thinking up rules.  Should there be a mandatory length?  Theme? Should I require that I make all of them public?  Should I notify my close friends that push me to be better and WRITE?  Know what I decided?  I was putting too much pressure on myself and that was ridiculous.  I need to just do what feels right each day.  Why are rules needed?  Well, because I'm a virgo and I need to overthink and have strict guidelines to perfect.  You know what else? I'm going to be a rebel this month and just fly by the seat of my pants. 

I really am excited to kick off this challenge.  It’s a commitment but I always love a good challenge.  I’m hoping this will help guide me back to my love of all things written.  I’m anxious to get back to poetry and prose.  Somewhere along my journey I veered away and it’s time to get back to my loves.   
Thank you for being here and for the support.  Make sure your seat belts are securely fastened and the ride begins now. 

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I am so glad that you are writing again!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait! I've missed reading your blog. They are always well written.

    ReplyDelete