Sunday, February 15, 2015

Excuses

What is your number one goal and how do you plan to achieve it?  Think about that and really consider what is most important to you.  Career? Family? Fitness Competition?  It can be anything.

For years the number one thing for me was to be able to have another baby.  That didn’t happen and now it can’t.  But I did everything I could to try.  Yes, it took me time to be open to some of the avenues we chose but in the end, I feel we did everything we could.  It is still painful but I can look at the journey and know I tried everything but I used a lot of excuses along the way.  I made excuses because I was scared.   Perhaps if I had not made so many excuses I would not have devoted 10 years of my life to disappointment after disappointment. 
I get so frustrated when I hear people say “I don’t have time” or  “you don’t understand…” and a number of other excuses why they can’t reach their goals.  You know what? I think they are usually crap.  Typically the excuse is a cover for some reason you are avoiding going after your goals.  Perhaps you don’t even realize it but if something is truly a priority to you, you will find a way to make it happen.  You will.   Yes, we all have responsibilities and legit reasons we may have to pause.  The difference is how long you allow that pause. 


Life is not just about our responsibilities.  If we are only working, doing chores, errands or whatever, we are not living.  We have to make time for the things that are important to us.  If we don’t we are going to wake up one day and have missed out on a lot of living. 
I give up a lot of time with my friends and some with my family because I choose to workout 6 days a week.  That is a priority to me.  I make time for that and I have a lot of physical goals I want to achieve.  I am making that conscious choice.  Not everyone can understand that and some of my relationships have suffered.  That has been rough but I have to make my decisions based on my needs. 

Exercise has done so much for me.  It has changed my life and given me confidence.  It has helped me to blossom into a person I like.  It has helped me be a better me.  It continues to give back to me what I give it.  It is therapy for me and I always leave better than I was when I arrived. 
Go obtain your goals.  Start living life instead of letting it live you. 

Until Tomorrow.

P.S. I have to end this because it’s SNL40 time and I don’t want to miss a second and I need some good laughs.  Let me know if you watched and what you thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment