Sunday, April 27, 2014

Soar

I just hung a painting created by my son on the wall in front of me.  It isn’t framed yet but it hangs, reminding me of beauty and creativity and the wings we develop when we are allowed to soar.  When we are lifted up and encouraged to do what we want- to let our minds be free.  He created it at school and I imagine his teacher gave him basic instructions on what was expected.   All the student’s painting were similar but each had a special flare from the artist.   I was reminded, yet again, that we do not have to be perfect.  Beauty is found in the imperfections.


My son doesn’t worry that I will dislike his work or that I will be critical of it.  He knows I will give an honest opinion and that I will love and cherish it simply because he created it.  He understands that he may not be the best at everything but he should do his best in everything.  As long as he does that I will support him.   He knows I will always be a soft place for him to land when he falls.  He will fall, we all do.  It is knowing that someone will catch you that makes all the difference in your ability to try.   So go and soar my sweet boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment