Sunday, April 6, 2014

Bamboozled


I was bamboozled!  I received a text from a number I didn’t recognize inviting me to a dinner presented by a chef from Palo Alto.  We would learn healthier cooking and then eat the food we create.  Sounded great!  I have been self teaching healthier cooking and would love some new recipes and substitutions, etc. I need all the guidance I can get and I LOVE food!  It’s a win win.  Once I figured out who the text was from, I swallowed my fear of social interaction and agreed to attend. 
Upon the chef’s arrival I realized he’s not really a chef and I’m not going to be learning new cooking methods.  He’s going to try and sell me new pans.  These pans do seem rather amazing and they appear to do most of the work for you.  However, unless they come with a chef, I’m not buying these babies.  They are super expensive!  I mean EXPENSIVE!  Way out of my price range.   Guess what?!  Yep, you can do payments.  I can be the proud owner of lifetime guaranteed pans in just 36 months.  I’m not great at math but I’m pretty sure that is 3 years.  They will also throw in two pans as gifts with purchase. But wait, there’s more!   If I host a show I get this amazing food processor.  Ok, the processor really is amazing and I may host a show for it.  Yes, it is THAT fabulous.  So, be on the lookout for your invite.  I must have 6 employed people attend the entire show or I don’t get this little gem.  Can you believe, they actually ask what you do as proof?  We shall tell them we are strippers…err dancers.   You don’t have to buy but you must stay and they request you do not serve alcohol.  Yeah, right!  You also get free food and time with me.  I’m sure you are jumping with excitement but just in case you’re still on the fence enjoy the following pictures.  These are the awesome eats we enjoyed.    
 
When I still thought I was going to learn something
 
Healthier than it looks- no extra oil and tons more veggies
than you can see
 

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I just read this, nothing like a good scam! At least they fed you :)

    ReplyDelete