Friday, April 4, 2014

Forced SAHM

What a week this has been.  My little man has been home 3.5 of the 5 days.  He's not so sick he can't do anything just sick enough to not be able to function at school.  This, of course, means I am home with him.  That should mean my house is sparkling, my snuggle tank if full, that I've written a lot of important and inspiring blogs and that I've finished the research for my new venture. 

It doesn't mean any of that.  What I have done is be a bum.  I've laid around on the sofa with him but at the opposite end attempting to write.  I've watched some television but I'm not all that interested in a dog with a blog when I can't even finish one.  I've Facebooked so much that my brain may be rotting.  Candy crush, oh candy crush how I hate to love you.  Why did I ever start that stupid game and why can't I quit?!  I hope it isn't posting on FB on my behalf.   I don't really want anyone to know just HOW MUCH I've been playing. 

I did squeeze in one work out at home.  I literally had to dust off the weights.  (Can that count as cleaning?  I'd really love to be able to tell the hubs that I accomplished something.) I don't think I've used them since I moved.

note how clean and like new they appear


 I much prefer working out with other people.  I work harder when I'm being yelled at by my a trainer and having fun with workout buddies.  Plus I like when I'm given direction.  I'm capable of creating my own routines but it's just not the same.  I kept repeating what I've learned - use the main muscle groups; legs, back, chest then abs.  All the exercises pretty much engage my abs when done correctly so I didn't much focus on them directly.  Though I pushed through it, I can honestly say I CAN'T WAIT TO BE BACK WITH MY TRAINER.  I could hear his voice saying "butt back, chest up, LET'S GO!"  I also still hate tripod rows.  They just may be the most evil exercise.  They should be banned in the USA.

Looking out my window, I realize the wind is picking up and it looks like more rain is on its way.  I think I'll get out there and squeeze in a few miles before cleaning my house, writing an inspiring blog entry and cooking dinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment