Monday, November 17, 2014

Registered!


I did it.  I registered for another half marathon.  This time it’s a trail run.  I have 6 months to train for it. 
I took a couple days to decide if I was willing to do it.  Honestly, I’m terrified. 
The timing for it appearing in my life was perfect.  I was thinking that morning how I need to have more goals in my life.  That I’ve gotten caught up in routine and don’t set goals.  I always had goals when I was running.  How could I set goals again without them becoming overwhelming?  Then a friend posted about this race and asked who wanted to do it.  I looked at it thought it sounded fun, it’s fairly close to home and is the most reasonably priced half marathon I have ever run.  Then I realized the date conflicted with another event I had committed to.  The other event was not confirmed so I shot off a quick message asking if it was still happening.  Surprise! It’s not.  I could not help but wonder if all of these were signs that I was supposed to do this run. 

So I thought about it for awhile.  Came up with many excuses and finally just decided I needed to do it. 
Now I’m putting it out there so everyone can hold me accountable.  I am going to do this and I am going to train for it.  I’m not going to just wing it.  I am going to find my love for running again.  I’m not going to put pressure on myself to finish in a certain time but I am going to try my hardest and do my best.  If I’m well prepared then it should be easy to give 100%, whatever that looks like. 
Thank you all for being here with me through this and for holding me accountable.   I can’t wait to make us both proud. 



No comments:

Post a Comment