Friday, May 23, 2014

Change is in the Air

I have been hinting for months about changes happening.  I am finally ready to announce that I am going to be making a career change soon.  I have been doing research for months and finally chose a program and will be getting my Nutrition and Wellness Certification.  I am finally going to do something with a passion of mine.   

I am nervous and excited to make this change.  I’m a little scared to make the leap but know it will be worth it.  Change is seldom easy but important for growth.  My goal is to help people learn how to help themselves. Empower them, if you will.  When I first started out I was so lost.  I tried all kinds of diets, weight loss plans, deprivation and gimmicks.  I put tons of pressure on myself.  It is no wonder I failed so many times.  I was not realistic and built my lifestyle on fear of failure and guilt.  I set myself up with unrealistic expectations and only caused more self loathing and negative self-talk.  It was a vicious cycle that was hard to break.  It has been a long and difficult journey that I hope to make easier for others. 

I’m realizing that everything I am trying to do with this new career is taking a lot of time.  I knew it would be intensive but it’s a little more than I expected.  It is a tad overwhelming and I’m feeling pulled in different directions.  There is just so much to do with my current career, this new one, being a mom, wife and still getting in my exercise.  I feel like I need another 8 hours in my day. 

The other night I skipped my workout due to fatigue and needing to get some studying done.  I was freezing and feeling a little crazy so I decided to take a hot bath (since running is out for clearing my head).  It helped a little but then it was right back to the grind.  I cooked dinner, answered questions on Facebook, studied and "dealt" with my child.  Any advice for dealing with a pre-teen?


where the magic happens

No comments:

Post a Comment