Thursday, March 20, 2014

Duck

Living this crazy life of mine, I sometimes feel like all I’m doing is dodging bullets. It seems the universe is throwing one thing after another at me. It might be something as simple as having one more birthday party or function sprung on me. Maybe an appointment the hubs forgot to mention. A night where we both have a commitment and forgot to put it on the schedule and now need a sitter, last minute. Or maybe it’s just that I forgot to take anything out of the freezer to cook for dinner. (Totally the universe’s fault.) I’m sure most of you can relate.


I’m not sure when I became so dependant on technology but in this busy life it’s a necessity. I have a calendar through outlook that syncs with my phone. Usually. When it doesn’t is when I have an issue. If I accidentally enter something in my phone on the wrong calendar and it never appears in Outlook, I have big issues. Luckily, this doesn’t happen often. It’s a two way street though. EVERYTHING MUST BE ON BOTH and must have reminders. My husband and I are constantly sending each other invites to events so it ends up on both of our calendars. This seems to work well. I even color code them based off whose involvement is needed. This is the only place I am organized. I try in other areas but it doesn’t last long.

I’ve heard that no once can excel in everything. You can pick three out of four areas but something will have to give. In my case it’s keeping my house clean. Now, my house isn’t a complete disaster but it could use some work. I just choose to work on other areas of my life. I don’t think I will look back on my death bed and wish I’d kept my house cleaner. I really don’t. I don’t even think I’ll wake up on Sunday morning wishing I kept my house cleaner. That is unless there is a surprise visit from my Grandma. (really what are the odds, she lives 1700 miles away) Other than that, I’m good. I might wake up thankful it’s clean, should someone stop by and make that happen…just sayin.


How dependant are you on technology?

What is your favorite electronic? Mine is my cell phone. I use it for everything except making calls.

1 comment: