Saturday, November 9, 2013

Change

I've learned some things about myself the last few days. I can forgive and move on. I can actually feel sorry for someone who intentionally set out to harm me. Recently, someone did some horrible things to my family and to me specifically. At first I was so angry that I wanted to lash out, harm him and tell everyone what a vile being he is. Alas, I did not and I am a better person for it. I actually pitty him. How sad it must be to live your life with the need to hurt others.

This entire ordeal made me realize how much I've changed. Call it maturity, growing-up, inner peace, whatever. I actually feel the change in me. I feel the peace washing over me. I'm getting to the place I've been working toward this entire year. A place of accepting myself and others. It's been a long road but worth every bump along the way.


I'm preparing to say hello to 2014. I have even bigger hopes and dreams for the upcoming year. It will be another year filled with change. Change, like everything should happen in steps. This year was about the emotional and physical. Next year will be about a different kind of change. A change that never could happen with out all I achieved in 2013. I will be taking a leap of faith- in myself. A year ago, I would never have had this courage. It is still scary for me. I have some self-doubt but I also know if I'm willing to do the work, I will be successful. I am still afraid of failure but I'm more afraid of not trying. It's as if a switch as been moved inside me and I'm ready to conquer. You, my friends, should be prepared because I'm about to achieve greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment